For skater of all ages and abilities.
Caregiver and Tot
Caregiver and children skate together and practice skating skills in an enjoyable slower paced environment.
A caregiver must be at least 14 years old and be responsible for the direct supervision of the child.
Older Adult Skate
Skating time for older adults 60 years and up.
Offered by age group and/or gender.
- Unless otherwise stated, shinny programs are supervised by skate staff
- A CSA approved hockey helmet is mandatory for all participants, Bring skates, sticks, gloves and join a shinny game near you
- Shinny hockey players do not need to wear full equipment
- Goalies are not permitted
- Body contact is not permitted
- Puck is not to be raised off the ice
- Only one puck is allowed on the ice during a game
- For equipment information see “mandatory skating safety requirements”
- Patrons will skate at their own risk
Public Skating is FREE and Shinny Hockey is free at all outdoor rinks.