How do I apply for a development permit?

You will need to fill out an application and there are two types of development permits:

Home Development Permit: If your class of business is Home Occupation you will also need to complete a Home Development Application, which costs $50.00. If you do not own your home, you must have the permission of the owner to operate your business from the location. Once your application is approved by our Development Officer there is a two-week waiting period in case there is an appeal. After this time period has elapsed, the Town will issue the business license and you can proceed to operate your business.

Development Permit: This permit is required for any purpose other than a home occupation. The fee is $25.00 and the appeal process is the same as for a Home Development Permit.

Development permit applications are available at Town Hall or on our website.